October 12, 2018
The Stan Cassidy Foundation launched its annual campaign today, with a goal to raise $500,000 to improve the lives of Stan Cassidy Centre patients.
Donors have the opportunity to double the impact of their donation dollars. The J. T. Clark Family Foundation will match up to $20,000 in donations for the General Fund and up to $20,000 for the Operating Endowment, which is part of a commitment to donate a total of $120,000 in matching dollars to these funds over the 2018, 2019 and 2020 calendar years.
“We’re truly inspired by the excellent work of the Stan Cassidy Centre to improve the quality of life for patients,” said John T. Clark, Chair of the J.T. Clark Family Foundation. “We encourage communities across New Brunswick to meet the challenge we’ve set and multiply the positive impact of their donation dollars.”
The deadline for accessing this year’s matching dollars is December 31.
The Foundation is raising money for the following projects and programs over the course of the campaign, which runs until March 31.
- $193,500 for the General Fund – which makes all of the Foundation’s charitable programs and projects possible by financing Foundation operations, allowing it to leverage opportunities that arise on short notice, and develop new, emerging programs as needed.
- $128,000 for Community Programs that provide direct support to patients:
- $40,000 for the Operating Endowment – to help secure the future of the Stan Cassidy Foundation.
- $16,500 for the Research and Education Fund – to help keep Centre staff at the forefront of diagnosis, treatment, and care.
- $45,000 for the Early Mobility Project – to outfit the Stan Cassidy Centre’s Adaptive Seating Service with a comprehensive library of wheeled mobility devices for patient assessment, family trial, and short-term loan for patients who are toddlers to pre-teens.
- $2,000 for the Home Sweet Smart Home suite – to outfit this assessment and demonstration unit with consumer-level “smart” devices that help people control their home environment.
The Foundation is nearly halfway to meeting its annual campaign goal with $242,000 raised to date, including a generous $20,000 raised to date from the Stan Cassidy Centre’s own healthcare professionals and the Stan Cassidy Foundation Board.
“We see the benefits of the Foundation’s work every day,” says Gillian Hoyt-Hallett, Administrative Director of the Stan Cassidy Centre for Rehabilitation. “You can’t really put a price on the feeling you get when you see a child’s face light up with joy as they master a skill or movement for the first time after working so hard, for so long. Or the reward of someone being well enough to return home. As staff, we understand that so many of our patient stories have happy endings because of the Foundation. It’s why we feel compelled to support it.”
All the projects funded through the campaign will directly improve the lives of patients by helping to ease their financial burden and continuing to help raise the standard of care at the Centre.
Todd McGuire, who has been an in-patient at the Centre for the past 5 months says, “My experience at the Centre has been inspirational. The entire therapeutic team, including the nursing team and the spiritual advisor have embraced me and my family. They work together amazingly well to treat every dimension of me – my physical, mental and spiritual health. I’ve taken my first steps and can now see ahead to a day when I will return home. We see and feel the Foundation’s contribution to this circle of care and through it the support of the community – which means so much. We are filled with gratitude. We’ve been given so much more than we ever expected.”
“Our ultimate goal for each Stan Cassidy Centre patient is to turn their dreams – of getting back home, back to their families, schools, and workplaces – into realities,” says Stan Cassidy Foundation Board Chair Mary Butler. “It is only through the exceptional generosity of our donors that we’re able to help achieve that. It’s an ambitious goal we’ve set, but we believe the community will rise to the challenge.”
To donate, please visit www.stancassidyfoundation.ca, call the Foundation at 506-452-5753, or bring or mail your donation to the Stan Cassidy Foundation at 800 Priestman Street, Fredericton, NB, E3B 0C7.
About the Stan Cassidy Foundation
The Stan Cassidy Foundation is a registered charity that directly benefits the day-to-day lives of Stan Cassidy patients and their families by raising funds for direct patient support programs, research and education, and building and equipment. Our focus is always on patient care, helping people to recover from illness, overcome obstacles and adapt to change circumstances.
For more information, contact:
506-443-2151 | 506-238-4555 (cell)