February 5, 2019
After eight years of leadership, Executive Director Alissa Lee will be stepping down from her role at the Stan Cassidy Foundation effective March 31, 2019. The Stan Cassidy Foundation Board of Directors has begun the process to select a new Executive Director and will collaborate with Lee to manage an effective and seamless transition for the Foundation’s work.
“It has been a privilege to be part of the Stan Cassidy community over the past years and an honour to represent that community to the broader public. We have been able to accomplish so much thanks to the exceptional generosity of our many donors and volunteers,” said Lee. “Together we have achieved the reorganization of the Foundation we set out to accomplish and now seems the appropriate time for me to exit. I look forward to helping the Board complete their search for a new Executive Director who will continue to work with the community to deliver on the Foundation’s mission.”
During Lee’s time at the Foundation, the organization:
• Settled a land claim with the provincial government on the Stan Cassidy Centre’s former site.
• Established an endowment.
• Developed a comprehensive set of charitable programs that benefit Stan Cassidy Centre patients, their families and clinicians.
• Raised nearly $5 million in cash and products from individuals, businesses, community groups and other granting organizations.
• Grew the Foundation’s supporter base to more than 6,000.
• Advanced the profile and practice of assistive technologies.
“We thank Alissa for her dedication and leadership,” said Board Chair Mary Butler. “The Foundation has benefited from her work in creating and growing new revenue streams and in growing our base of donors, sponsors, and volunteers. We’ve also appreciated her administrative expertise in helping the Foundation mature as an organization, with the development of new and revamped systems, policies and procedures.”
About the Stan Cassidy Foundation
The Stan Cassidy Foundation is a registered charity that directly benefits the day-to-day lives of Stan Cassidy patients and their families by raising funds for direct patient support programs, research and education, and building and equipment. Our focus is always on patient care, helping people to recover from illness, overcome obstacles and adapt to change circumstances.
For more information, contact:
506-443-2151 | 506-238-4555 (cell)